Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I ran a speed test and my speed is only at 30 mb. I ran one on my phone and its connected to the same WIFI and its at around 550. Anyone know what the deal might be?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hockeymc3 

Normally they should be the same because the speed test measures speed at the entry point (ie router) not up to machine. But in your case, your machine may have slow wifi adapter. You can upgrade to a faster one (if allowed) or using something similar to

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking/Adapters/67965-USB-AC53-NANO

(Should be much cheaper, I bought it around March 2020 from same store and only $35).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am confused because at one point this was not an issue.

HP Recommended

contact your internet provider they may solve the issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.