Hockeymc3
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

WIFI Speed test is at 30 mb

HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I ran a speed test and my speed is only at 30 mb. I ran one on my phone and its connected to the same WIFI and its at around 550. Anyone know what the deal might be?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,640 92,518 11,971 25,530
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hockeymc3 

Normally they should be the same because the speed test measures speed at the entry point (ie router) not up to machine. But in your case, your machine may have slow wifi adapter. You can upgrade to a faster one (if allowed) or using something similar to

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking/Adapters/67965-USB-AC53-NANO

(Should be much cheaper, I bought it around March 2020 from same store and only $35).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Hockeymc3
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am confused because at one point this was not an issue.

0 Kudos
jamie333
Level 3
73 71 1 6
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

contact your internet provider they may solve the issue

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation