Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion (about 5 years old)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday in the middle of my workday, my computer totally shut down with no warning. There’s was no overheating etc. This isn’t totally unusual as this has happened periodically since I got it. When it turned back on, the WIFI option disappeared totally. I tried ever solution on the internet with no resolution. Luckily I can access the internet using an Ethernet cable. With work, however, it is imperative that I am able to be mobile and now that I have to stay wired in, it’s impacting my work. I even ran a hardware diagnostics to check if the wireless module was bad, but it passed the test. I read various accounts of similar things happening related to windows 10 updates. I tried rolling back to a previous version with no luck. Everyone couple of restarts the WiFi option will at least show up, but say no networks found. Then disappears totally again. When I try to update or reinstall the driver my computer crashes. I am at a loss as this is impacting my work and I am not in the financial situation to run out and purchase a laptop anytime soon. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.