Mnicole
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

WIFI disappeared totally

HP Recommended
Pavilion (about 5 years old)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday in the middle of my workday, my computer totally shut down with no warning. There’s was no overheating etc. This isn’t totally unusual as this has happened periodically since I got it. When it turned back on, the WIFI option disappeared totally. I tried ever solution on the internet with no resolution. Luckily I can access the internet using an Ethernet cable. With work, however, it is imperative that I am able to be mobile and now that I have to stay wired in, it’s impacting my work. I even ran a hardware diagnostics to check if the wireless module was bad, but it passed the test. I read various accounts of similar things happening related to windows 10 updates. I tried rolling back to a previous version with no luck. Everyone couple of restarts the WiFi option will at least show up, but say no networks found. Then disappears totally again. When I try to update or reinstall the driver my computer crashes. I am at a loss as this is impacting my work and I am not in the financial situation to run out and purchase a laptop anytime soon. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation