Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 6 1002TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Device info-HP ENVY 6 1002TX (B4P24PA) 

I am experiencing wifi (Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi) idling, ever since I have migrated to Windows 10 Pro ( fresh install on SSD)  from Windows 7 (pre-installed ).

I have tried updating drivers but there is no update available on the product page.

DEVICE HARDWARE IDs are as follows-

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model wifi card is not supported in W10.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the W8.1 driver and see if that works...

6.30.223.227    May 14, 2014

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66495.exe

HP Recommended

HI,

thanks, PAUL for replying. 

It didn't install on my device.

Is there any way I can get rid of this persistent issue.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, the only way that I know of to get rid of the wifi not working would be to purchase an external USB dual band wifi adapter.

They make some very small Nano type ones nowadays that hardly stick out of the USB ports.

Your notebook has a BIOS whitelist, so upgrading the internal card is not a option.

HP Recommended

Is there a way I can install win 7 drivers (like changing compatibility or something),?

Can't the win 10 updates resolve the issue?

Even my battery back up has gone down to 4o mins from ~4 hours of back up after installation of Win 10 on new SSD.

And i am not able to figure out what's causing it? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.