Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, my wireless button won't turn blue... stays in orange and i'm not able to get wireless, i've tried to take the battery out, tried alot still nothing coming up.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. Also links are given below step by step incase you find difficult please check the link.

If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network

Solve Setup and Internet Connection Issues on a Wireless Network with Windows 7

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Try installing a BIOS update. After trying a variety of approaches from numerous forums to get the wireless working, I noticed there was a BIOS update available. I installed it and the wireless is now working fine. If your BIOS is already current, perhaps you could try installing it again.

HP Recommended

Problem:

I struggled with the same problem for 2 years with my hp6530: the wireless kept getting deactivated after startup (and somehow I managed time and again to get it working again, without knowing how).

Solution:

the wireless button is NOT an F key; it is the actual little light "|"which is orange when deactivated. You should not touch any F key; you should touch the light which is ABOVE the F key.

Comment:

Now I could write a lot more about programming trolls who develop a system which 1. ignores usual user behaviour, thereby also ignoring an issue which, judging by the sheer number of help requests on the internet, causes much grief; 2. attribute a function to a button which is easily touched unintentionally and 3. completetely fail to advise users of their weird solution....

PS @WEB-ADMIN: I´ve posted this answer in several threads because the issue really annoyed me and I want other users to be able to find the solution quickly (at least not have to wait for 2 years until they come across an IT student who figures it out after 3 (!) hours).

HP Recommended
What worked for me running Windows 8.1 and hitting the button then searching device manager then an option called" TO Device Manager" would pop up and you click on that then open the network adapters tab and click on your Wi-Fi adapter and hit enable. Yours probably got disabled somehow and you just have to re enable it. Thanks for reason all this I hope it helps.
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the hp team for arranging a media like this and . ......i am really grateful to you for the solutions you have shown us MrOscar Fuentes !

HP Recommended

I tried this and it worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.