Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3153ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dears,

I am experiencing unregular WIFI drop outs on my HP laptop after installing win 11. Since I could not solve it, I have reverted back to a win 10 image, but the problem does not go away. I have run all updates, checked HP diagnostics, un- and reinstalled drivers, deleted the Realtek RTL 8821 in device manager and installed original Realtek drivers. Nothing seems to help. 

Now I would like to replace the WiFi module (RTL8821CE) with a new one, but nowhere can I find specs indicating whether my desired Intel AX200 will work with the system or not. Would any of you know that? 

Kind regards,

Joerg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Joerg:

Unfortunately, there is no service manual for your notebook's model series.

The service manual ends with the 15-cs2999 models.

HP Pavilion 15-cs3000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

All the Intel Wi-Fi cards listed in the service manual require two antenna wires and your notebook only has one.

The exception is the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 wifi card only uses one antenna wire, but that card won't work in your notebook since it only works in the models it originally came with.

So, you can experiment with the AX200 card, knowing in advance that it won't work right due to the missing antenna wire.

If you connect the single antenna wire to the Wi-Fi card's main antenna terminal the Wi-Fi should work best that way, but the Bluetooth reception will be poor on non-existent.

This would be the part number I recommend.  It has to be non-vPro.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You can find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

There is a fairly recent Wi-Fi driver for that lousy RTL8821CE card that you may want to try if you have not done so already...

2024.0.10.226     12/24/2021

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136987.exe 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Joerg:

Unfortunately, there is no service manual for your notebook's model series.

The service manual ends with the 15-cs2999 models.

HP Pavilion 15-cs3000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

All the Intel Wi-Fi cards listed in the service manual require two antenna wires and your notebook only has one.

The exception is the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 wifi card only uses one antenna wire, but that card won't work in your notebook since it only works in the models it originally came with.

So, you can experiment with the AX200 card, knowing in advance that it won't work right due to the missing antenna wire.

If you connect the single antenna wire to the Wi-Fi card's main antenna terminal the Wi-Fi should work best that way, but the Bluetooth reception will be poor on non-existent.

This would be the part number I recommend.  It has to be non-vPro.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You can find this card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

There is a fairly recent Wi-Fi driver for that lousy RTL8821CE card that you may want to try if you have not done so already...

2024.0.10.226     12/24/2021

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136987.exe 

HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch, Paul. I will try the recent driver, maybe that helps and will search for the module you listed. 

On the antenna topic you mentioned, I noticed that when I physically saw the module and its only cable. Google found me an answer indicationg that the main connection is supporting the wifi, while the aux one supports bluetooth. Since I never use BT on the laptop, I think its worthwhile a try. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I think the Intel AX 200 should work OK with only one antenna wire.

The major disadvantage would be no Bluetooth and if you don't use Bluetooth, then it may be worth getting rid of that Realtek card and have faster Wi-Fi in the bargain.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.