Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t-ap000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few weeks after receiving my laptop, I started noticing that my LTE would suddently disconnect, playing a "windows connect sound" in the process. While disconnected, sometimes it appears in the Device Manager, and sometimes it doesn't. Regardless, if I open Settings, no options for wireless data appear, and the option to connect to an lte network disappears from the system tray area. 

I tried installing the WWAN drivers from the HP site, uninstalling the device and then installing the drivers from the site, and updating the drivers with Windows Update. I also had reset the device for other reasons, which didn't stop the situation. 

It seems similar to this question on the forum: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/Constant-connectivity-issues-HP-Spectre-x3...

Sometimes the network card will disconnect with a noise and reconnect 30 seconds later with a second noise, but sometimes when the network card disconnects, the only thing that will make it useable again is reinstalling the drivers or restarting the computer. 

How might I be able to fix this?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@guitargirl15

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

My drivers were up to date already. I did a windows update a week ago, but I just ran another one today, and it came up with a few things. None of them seem to have anything to do with networking, but I can wait and see what happens.

HP Recommended

@guitargirl15

I believe you have already performed a Reset before and the issue persists

Since it is an intermittent issue, I suggest you perform a System Recovery using the Recovery Media

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file inorder to install Windows operating system. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3 to perform a System Recovery (Windows 10)

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I performed the system recovery as directed, all was great for 3 days, and today it started having the same glitches it did before. 

HP Recommended

@guitargirl15

I understand your concerns.

Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Click here 

Try these steps: 

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If issue persists, continue with the below steps: 

• If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane. 

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and followed the troubleshooter (most of which I had done before) but I am still having the same issues. 

HP Recommended

@guitargirl15

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I did a system reset already, as well as a full recovery that included formatting the hard drive, and I am having these problems after all of that. I mentioned this in my original question and earlier replies. 

HP Recommended

@guitargirl15 

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the wireless module test and let us know the result.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Wireless module and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.