Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a ZBook 14 G2 Workstation with an HP lt4112 Gobi 4G WWAN Module (SNS# 842922-003) installed. The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise, 1909. The problem is that I cannot WWAN mobile connect with the computer (WLAN ok-different module). The SIM card is not at fault-it works in other HP laptops just fine. I´ve checked the 4112 module in the device manager: "device working properly" and the latest drivers are installed for it and the ZBook is "up to date" updated. When I activate the cellular switch (with the SIM card properly inserted) all i get is the message  "insert SIM", i.e; the 4112 fails to find the SIM card. On two other HP laptops (G2, G3 Elitebooks), when the cellular switch is activated after the SIM card is properly in place the phone service/SIM card provider is immediately recognized and service is enabled in seconds. Very frustating to say the least. I have read  somewhere that there have been problems with some WWAN modules not working on all the Windows versions (works on Win 7 but not on 8, etc.) but this machine is relatively new so why should this be the problem? If this should turn out to be the problem, the question is: is there a download/installable  upgrade solution for the module? Please help! I´ve tried to find WWAN modules to fit this machine; very rare and those i`ve found are far and away more expensive than I can possibly afford.  If there is an upgrade to this module (and if this is, indeed, the problem), please let me know! Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

As an addition to my original post: I have trial mounted two different WWAN cards, both that are designed to work with the ZBook G2, in both the Zbook and an Elitebook 840 G2 (little sister to the ZBook) with a functioning SIM card and both cards work in the EliteBook but not in the ZBook even though both cards show: "This Device is working properly" and "Drivers are up to date" in the Device Manager for the ZBook. I can only infer that both the WWAN cards and the SIM card (works also in an EliteBook 820 G3) are not where the problem lies so please, please: practical tips to solve this problem!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.