Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
elitebook 8460P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using mobilebroad band till yestareday and it vanished allof a sudden

cant find drivers in device manager,no icon,dont find anything related to ir

I reinstalled as per below ( which I found in forum and I saved as text on my laptop)

Download SP53068 (Gobi 2000 driver) + SP53394 (HP Connection Manager v4)
Enabled secret administrator account (net user administrator /active:yes)
Login using the administrator account - This important as the installation will be BLOCKED
Install SP53394
Under C:\SWSETUP\SP53394, locate hpcm.mci and HPCMSetup.exe and change the compatibility to windows 7
Run hpcm.mci to install the Connection Manager
Under Program File (x86)\Hewlett-Packard/HP Connection Manager, locate the following files and set the compatibility to Windows 7:
Gowireless
HPGoWireless
HP ConnectionManager
The HP Connection Manager will be installed now. Open it but don’t do anything yet. If you try to use it, it will tell you that there is no driver installed.
Install SP53068
Under C:\SWSETUP\SP53068, locate Qualcomm folder and run the “GobiInstaller” to install the driver.
Logout from the administrator account and login using the user account
Locate and open the HP Connection Manager and setup the correct APN
ENJOY!!!

Run cmd as administrator
- Go to the folder where the setup is located. C:\SWSetup\SP57309
- Start the hpcm.msi with a silent parameter: hpcm.msi /quiet
- Look for the msiexec.exe in your taskmanager under Details, the setup has finished when the process disappears.

Restarted laptop..Still no where abouts of mobile broadband

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.