Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-n204tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I have Ralink RT3290 bgn WIFI adapter on my laptop which is working fine but it only supports 2.4ghz network for which I want to upgrade it to a card with 5GHz network support.

I have searched various sites hp included to know that it my laptop may be compatible with 

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WIFI + BT 4.0                HP Part #710661-001

Could anyone please answer me that will my laptop support this Intel WIFI  card or not, because I want to order it as soon as possible.ralink.jpgintel.jpg 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has two wifi antenna cables connected to the Ralink card, the Intel card with that part number will work just fine.

HP Recommended

Also, I recently had to replace my laptop's display and then the repair person told me that the number Of pin is very important i which was 40 in case of display.
Now, see  Ralink RT3290 one, which has 26 (18+8) pins as same as my laptop connectorRalink RT3290 which is currenty plugged in my laptopRalink RT3290 which is currenty plugged in my laptopIntel wifi card only has 24 pinIntel wifi card only has 24 pinMy laptop wifi connector has 26 pinsMy laptop wifi connector has 26 pins.
But look at Intel one which only has 24 pins(16+6)
Do you think that this might be the problem of compatibility issues

HP Recommended

Hi:

That doesn't matter for the wifi cards.

As long as it fits in the slot (which it will) and you have two antenna cables (which you do) to connect to it, that's all you need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.