Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Susanmath Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter work?

Hi,

My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot)

1 REPLY
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter work?

Dear Customer,

In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.

Contact HP

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters,

I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.

http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/

After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation