Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 2 (66 Views)

Weak wifi connection with HP Pavilion Notebook 15 p158sa

Product Name: Pavilion Notebook 15 p158sa
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion notebook laptop shows only one bar of connectivity, and periodically loses connection altogether. BT cannot help - the broadband is working fine, and several other computers/laptops/phones used in same room connect without problem. What can be done to improve connection?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (39 Views)

Re: Weak wifi connection with HP Pavilion Notebook 15 p158sa

@HMede

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand there's a weak wifi connection with your HP Pavilion Notebook 15 p158sa,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Does the connection constantly disconnect from the network?

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

If the issue with disconnecting from the internet persists, try the below steps:

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If the issue persists, continue with the below steps: 

• If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane. 

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps. 

• If your computer does not have a wireless key or the wireless activity lights remains off or orange then continues using these steps. 

• Click Start, type troubleshooting into the Search field. 

• Select troubleshooting from the search results. 

• Click Network and Internet. 

• Click Internet Connections 

For more steps: Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance Smiley Wink

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation