Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hP Pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a brand hP Pavilion gaming laptop 15cx0000nd. But wifi signal reception is very weak. Only close to the router it can connect, but even then the wifi is very slow.

On other laptops and mobile phones the wifi reception is much stronger and the wifi speed is normal (fast) on the exact same location.

If I go a bit further from the router, my other devices still have strong network and fast wifi, while the new laptop can't even find the network anymore and if it does it reaches speeds between 0 and 100kbps.

I could bring it back to the shop, the only problem is that I boughtboug laptop in Belgium and left the day after to Kenya for a longer period. So I can't return it to the shop.

Anyone any ideas?

I already updated the wifi drivers, but no change.

Thank you for any input

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If your laptop uses the rtl8723be or rtl8723de chipset, it might only have one antenna connected.  You may want to take the bottom off the laptop and see if you can move the antenna wire to the other post on the wifi card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.