Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Weak wifi signal, very slow wifi speed

HP Recommended
hP Pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a brand hP Pavilion gaming laptop 15cx0000nd. But wifi signal reception is very weak. Only close to the router it can connect, but even then the wifi is very slow.

On other laptops and mobile phones the wifi reception is much stronger and the wifi speed is normal (fast) on the exact same location.

If I go a bit further from the router, my other devices still have strong network and fast wifi, while the new laptop can't even find the network anymore and if it does it reaches speeds between 0 and 100kbps.

I could bring it back to the shop, the only problem is that I boughtboug laptop in Belgium and left the day after to Kenya for a longer period. So I can't return it to the shop.

Anyone any ideas?

I already updated the wifi drivers, but no change.

Thank you for any input

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your laptop uses the rtl8723be or rtl8723de chipset, it might only have one antenna connected.  You may want to take the bottom off the laptop and see if you can move the antenna wire to the other post on the wifi card

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation