Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to resolve the miracst compatibility of my Hp laptop with grundig tv.

1. I have an asus A555LA and Hp Elitebook 840 laptops asus works fine with tv were as elitebook fails after connection attempt.

2. If I make my asus lap as projector elite book can connect to it means that I have only compatibility issue with Tv.

3. Updated the drivers to the latest from intel site itself and still there is no improvement 

4. Thought the problem could be from the hardware compatibility of intel and grundig tv and changed the intel wifi adaptor with qualcomm  from asus laptop and  the problem is still the same 😲 

Could anyone please give an insight on what could be creating the compatibility issue here.

"netsh wlan show drivers" gives Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)  for both the cards

I have tried with WDS in ubuntu as well so solution from linux perspective also welcomed(https://github.com/intel/wds

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

One of great support center staff Adithya Resolved the issue. 

After remote connection he did a firmware and driver update on intel and windows using HP SoftPaq DownloadManager and that resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

With elite book 840 G5 I could connect to the TV without any issues.

But I can't try swapping the wireless cards because their slots are different. 

Here is my out put of netsh wlan show drivers

Interface name: WiFi

Driver : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
Vendor : Intel Corporation
Provider : Intel
Date : 29/04/2019
Version : 18.33.17.1
INF file : oem20.inf
Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver
Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n 802.11a
FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes
802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes
Hosted network supported : Yes
Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode:
Open None
Open WEP-40bit
Open WEP-104bit
Open WEP
WPA-Enterprise TKIP
WPA-Enterprise CCMP
WPA-Personal TKIP
WPA-Personal CCMP
WPA2-Enterprise TKIP
WPA2-Enterprise CCMP
WPA2-Personal TKIP
WPA2-Personal CCMP
Open Vendor defined
Vendor defined Vendor defined
Authentication and cipher supported in ad-hoc mode:
Open None
Open WEP-40bit
Open WEP-104bit
Open WEP
WPA2-Personal CCMP
Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)

HP Recommended

One of great support center staff Adithya Resolved the issue. 

After remote connection he did a firmware and driver update on intel and windows using HP SoftPaq DownloadManager and that resolved the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.