I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Follow the below steps to change the Screen Resolution.
1. Right click on the desktop and select Display Settings.
2. Under Customize your display window, look for change the size of Text apps and other items.
3. Move the slider accordingly and restart the PC.
4. Now check if the icons are large or small.
• Click Settings icon on the Start Menu.
• Tap on System.
• Go to the right side of the Display segment and use the slider to change the size of text, apps and other items on your Windows 10.
Let me know if the issue persists
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".