12-28-2017 12:19 PM
I'm trying to connect my laptop wireless to my HP printer. I'm being asked for the WPS PIN. Where will I find it.
12-29-2017 02:25 PM - edited 10-09-2018 01:22 PM
Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
Going through your post, I understand you want to know the WPS pin. Don't worry I'd be glad to assist you.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
- DId this occur after a power outage or surge?
- Did it occur after a software or windows update?
- Did you run HP print and scan doctor?
- Did you move the router or change the router by any chance?
- Is it connected to the network via a router or using the WiFi direct feature without a router?
Please follow all the relevant steps from this link:https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06006790 (HP Printers - Enter WPS PIN Prompt When Adding a Printer (Windows 10)
and then check if the issue gets resolved. This should work. If the issue continues then try these steps:
From this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/model/7599657... (HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows)
- Perform steps from the section “Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router”
- Then run all the latest Windows 10 updates and ensure that they are correctly installed on the computer.
- Then update the printer’s firmware using a USB cable by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168
- Use a USB cable if required.
- Update the router's firmware if available.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
10-21-2019 12:38 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
If a prompt to enter a WPS PIN displays when you are connecting a printer, check the printer control panel or for a page that prints to obtain the PIN. The password is time-sensitive (valid for 90 seconds for many models), and then becomes invalid.
Go to An 'Enter WPS PIN' Message Displays During Printer Setup for more information.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee