Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)

Whitelisted 5ghz wifi adapters for hp pav 11 x360

Product Name: HP Pavilion x360 11-n000ed
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My daughters laptop  HP Pavilion x360 11-n000ed G1N33EA works on 2.4 ghz networks only

The highschool she will be going to only has a 5ghz network

I want to change the wifi card for a dual mode one, however hp has a whitelist included in this laptop.

The web site is useless for this information....

Is there anyone who could advise which hp parts (white listed) can be used ? This has my preference.

Or if there is no official 5ghz part, can anyone advise where to find a modded bios for this particular machine ? 

Regards,

Bart

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (99 Views)

Re: Whitelisted 5ghz wifi adapters for hp pav 11 x360

Hello, @b-a-r-t - Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help!

I see that you are having trouble connecting the notebook with the 5Ghz wireless network. Since this is a notebook you cannot just replace the wireless card. The card is integrated to the motherboard and hence cannot replace the card with the dual band wireless card which will support the 5Ghz.

The easiest solution will be to get a wireless dongle which will support 5Ghz wireless network. There are many USB wireless dongle which you can plug into the USB port of your notebook. Search in google for dual band wireless USB adapter and get the best-suited one for your daughter.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)

DVortex, thanks formyour answer, however it is not correct.

I have the wificard removed, it is not embedded.  Model is  HP Pavilion x360 11-n000ed (G1N33EA#ABH)

Could you please check your records again and advise me correcly?

According to another lead at this forum answered by a highly ranked person, HP does not whitelist wifi cards anymore since 2015, is that correct?

regards,

Bart

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (67 Views)

Hello, @B-A-r-t 

It looks like this is one of the models where it can be removed, however, HP only recommends the below wireless modules as they are tested to work with this PC:

Support for the following WLAN formats:

● Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter with 1 antenna
● Qualcomm QCA9565 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter with 1 antenna
● Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter with 1 antenna
● Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter with 1 antenna

Unfortunately, all of which are single band cards and will not support the 5Ghz band. 

Hence, please try using a USB wireless adapter to get the 5Ghz working on the PC.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation