Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolamm
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Wi-Fi adapter needs to constantly be reset

HP Recommended

For a few months now, my laptop has been having an issue with its Wi-Fi adapter. The adapter I have is the Intel Dual-Band Wireless-n 7260.  Anywhere from 1-10 times in an hour, the adapter will switch off/disable, and I will lose my Wi-Fi connection. Sometimes it re-enables on its own; other times, I have to manually reset it via the control panel or the Windows troubleshooter.

This problem appears to be a fairly common one so I've tried some of the fixes I've found:

• Unchecking the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' box in power management
  • Updating the wireless driver (the device manager says I have the most recent version)
  • Updating the BIOS (recently updated to the latest version and the problem is still there)

This is becoming a major inconvenience for me as my work is all remote currently and I rely on the internet for a lot of things.

All other devices on this network work perfectly fine and the issue persists no matter what network I am connecting to, so I know it's specific to my laptop.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation