Yankeesfan77
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi adapter

HPEnvy Touchsmart m6 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few days ago my computer had an automatic update done to it and everything before the update was working fine. After the update I was not able to connect to the internet. I thought that I had just needed to log back in to my router and be good to go, I as wrong. When I pulled up the networks tab it said that I had no available networks to connect to which I knew was wrong considering all my other devices were connected. I then tried going to device manager and reconnecting that was and I found that my wireless adapter device was gone. Somehow it was deleted and I tried to recover it in the recovery manager and it isn't showing up there as well. I've also tried to turn the wifi on the computer on and off using the actual wifi button and thats not working either the light just stays amber indicatong the wifi is off. All I can do now to use the internet on my device is connect it with an Ethernet cord. At this point I've run out of every idea and trick that I know of. Any help to somehow maybe get the wifi adapter back on my device or just to be able to go wireless again would be greatly appericated. 

1 REPLY 1
JB4CA
Level 4
146 145 0 16
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi-Fi adapter

Connectivity issues for wireless and or Bluetooth on HP laptops has increased recently. Here are some useful steps that may restore the Windows 10 control panel features to work properly and restore connectivity

Recommend you do a right-click on the network icon and select network troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue persists, install the wireless driver from this link. link
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ac000-notebook-pc-series/7771404/model/8819258/document/c...

For other troubleshooting steps, please try this interactive guided troubleshooter . https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ac000-notebook-pc-series/7771404/model/8819258/document/c...

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation