Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ping is not stable when using wireless, the connection is not stable, it drops from time to time. This is the wireless adaptor Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac from a HP Pavilion 15 cx0xxx... On any other devices the wi-fi works really fine.

41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

Dear AdilT,

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Could you provide me with the details of the driver version you are using (click on the wifi icon, your network and then properties)?

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

Here it is:

SSID: Adi5GHz
Protocol: 802.11ac
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 36
IPv4 address: 
IPv4 DNS servers: 
Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Description: Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
Driver version: 2024.0.8.104
Physical address (MAC): 

HP Recommended

Dear AdilT,

I have the exact same wifi card as you however I have a different driver 2024.0.9.101 (see screenshot)

image.png

Go to the following website to download this driver (use zip file option and unpack the folder): 

[Content Removed]

Then type in the search box in the lower left corner device manager click the arrow next to network adapters, then on REALTEK RTL8822BE, right click and choose update driver, click on browse my computer for driver software, go to the unpacked zip folder and it should update).

After updating please restart your computer and then let me know if it worked!

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

It said that I am already up to date and it didn`t do anything.

HP Recommended

Dear AdilT,

Which version of windows 10 are you using specifically?

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit.

HP Recommended

Dear AdilT,

Could you also provide the build?

L.J. de Boer
HP Recommended

Hey,

Latest driver I could find is 2024.0.8.103.

Nonetheless I got the same problem. wifi is not constant even when gaming, while other machines here can handle the same game without any problems.

image.png

Each signal drop reflects in gaming, causing gaming hiccups.

Please help.

HP Recommended

We must join us, those who have the issues with the RTL8822BE to demand HP a quick solution.

Actually, i have to disable my bluetooth to get the wifi working.. ans still there is a 3 seg lag each 8 pings.

Timelag.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.