Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello - my opinion is why this happens to you - a very common problem - the bent Antenna wire - closes to minus - You need to track the antenna wire - there is a case when the wire was pulled out and disconnected from the socket, on different laptops in different ways - after the masters who cleaned the fan - they incorrectly installed all the components or didn’t get it when they installed the connector. Visually check how the Module is connected, and the antenna - pay attention to the antenna cable itself if it goes to the cover at the place of opening the cover can be jammed

HP Recommended

I don't think this issue has anything to do with the antenna. I have this same issue on my desktop. Looks to me like the realtek wireless adapter is just a terrible product. 

HP Recommended

You are mistaken - Realtek - one of the leading products since the 1990s, I remember network cards - the best no vagaries - stick and work, you need to take a closer look maybe the water got through the keyboard - you have an obvious defect on the iron level, you might have a problem of overheating cards - since the processor itself does not cool and the heat remains inside the laptop - there may be many reasons - I advise you - Only ask one friend or remove a card from another laptop and put it in your laptop but connect your own antenna Vamsi laptop and see how it will go signal. If the problem disappears, then your card is really bad or you messed it up but you don’t know about it yourself. Maybe the virus is somehow with you, but it’s better to try another card with your antenna and then boldly run to ebay and buy a newer card model with the best characteristics speed.

HP Recommended

I also have this same exact issue, has anyone been able to resolve this? 

HP Recommended

I've had my network adapter replaced by local HP Support. WiFi has been working fine since then.

HP Recommended

Hello

I too have the issue of the hiccups every minute or 45 secs. Absolutely annoying when gaming, I'm basically useless online thanks to this.

I've tried LOTS of things and nothing worked for me (RealtekRTL8822BE 802.11ac) 

• Update windows
  • Update HP (BIOS and network)
  • Reset the PC (when I do this it works fine until the very first Windows update)
  • Uninstall updates (won't let me uninstall all of them, specially the first updates after the reset)
  • Buy a usb wifi adapter (Tp-link AC1300 Archer T4U) and disabling the Realtek adapter.*** (This should be a solution but surprisingly it isn't)
  • Update Nvidia
  • Modem's technical support (works fine)

So far nothing works for me but reseting the PC until the first updates are automatically installed (couple of hours after the reset)

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi, i had the same problem, even after i sent my laptop by warranty repair. I tried all possible solution from this and lenovo forum. Looks like it's not hardware issue and related to driver/windows. So, i found solution here, but not final 

Finally I came across a thread there someone suggested disabling Wlanautoconfig with this command: 

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="name of your wireless network here" 

To my surprise that worked, and solved all the ping spikes.

It runs smoothly around 30ms. (I have no real explanation to why this works, so if someone could explain it to me would be great.)

That's the point where my new problem starts. This is only a temporary fix, because I have to do it every restart and it screws over the Wifi settings so I have to reset the Network too, to find my Wifi again, connect to it and then apply the fix . 

To get to the point, is there a way to fix this problem for good? 

PS: Sorry for the lousy editing, first question here, so not quite familiar with the tools. 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, it is super frustrating, especial when trying to play games online. After trying about 20 different recommendations found online (Updates, New drivers, changing WiFi channels, etc...), I found something that worked for me.  I will simply stop and then start my WLAN AutoConfig service. This solved the issue for me multiple times testing it, but I do seem to have to do this every time I restart my laptop.  Doing this, I am able to play games online without any problems.

I hope this will work for you guys as well.

Steps:
1.  Click on the start button and search for "Services".

2. Open Services and locate "WLAN AutoConfig"

3.  Right click and open properties.

4.  Under "Service Status", click the Stop button and Apply.

5.  Now click the Start button and Apply.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Probook 455 G6 with this same Realtek adapter.   I've spent hours troubleshooting network performance issues with this card on this particular device and tried all the suggestions listed here.  No software changes made a difference.  There were multiple instances where I'd boot up the laptop and it would show that there wasn't even any wireless card installed.   I finally ended up replacing the wireless card in this laptop with an Intel branded card from another HP laptop.   The wireless has been working flawlessly since.  I no longer have the regular spikes in ping latency.   To me it seems that this is indeed a hardware level issue with these cards.  We have multiple devices running this same card with identical driver versions that do not have this issue.  (yet.) 

HP Recommended

we have the same problem. ping is very high, I guess this is because I change my windows version. AT THE START MY SYSTEM IS WINDOWS FAMILY THERE WAS NO PROBLEM IN IT ON NETWORK, AND GAME EXPERIENCE IS GOOD. HOWEVER WHEN I CHANGE TO WINDOWS ENTERPRISE, THE PING BECOME VERY HIGH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.