Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-18-2022 07:54 PM
I no longer have wi-fi as an option on my laptop/notebook. It appears that an update occurred on 12/15/22 that has now removed wifi from it. I only have ethernet connection available. I have tried every solution that I can find on the internet and nothing so far has worked. I had this happen one other time and I know I had to install a driver but I think I selected and older version. Unfortunately, I know longer have access to the steps that I used previously. I have spent hours trying to find a solution, Please help!
12-19-2022 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Let me check your basic system configuration before we focus on the <wireless> problem ...
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:
( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>
- Expand <Network adapters>
- Expand <Other devices> ? (Those entries are for hardware for which Windows has not loaded a suitable driver)
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report back
12-27-2022 09:34 PM - edited 12-27-2022 09:35 PM
(1) Create Windows system <restore point>
(2) Download and install BIOS Update
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.18 Rev.||6.4 MB||Jun 4, 2014||Download|
Fix and enhancements:
NOTE: HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version.
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
(4) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !
(5) Let Windows install <Optional updates> ( including drivers )
See section <How to Find and Install Windows Optional Updates>
(6) Run <Windows Optional Updates>, all drivers that are offered should be selected and installed
(7) Restart Windows
(8) Test again
(9) Please report back
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community