Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

Wi Fi on laptop not working

Product Name: Pavilion g6 584037-001
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My wi-fi is not working on Pavillion g6.

Thought it was my internet connection. - wi fi company checked o.k. also phone/ipad working on wi fi

Had IT chap out, told me to connect to ethnet cable - I and Son have used ethnet cable.  Laptop still will not connect to

internet.

Taken laptop to two other households for connection - wi-fi will not connect to their broadband.

Tries to find a connection, then within second - disconnects itself.

Therefore believe wi fi chip needs replacing.  Is this possible and can I get this laptop mended.  or should I buy another laptop.   Actually only use this laptop about once a week for a few hours for certain internet stuff and for scanning documents and sending. 

I and others have tried everything.  Now just will not connect anywhere or on other broadbands.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (92 Views)

Re: Wi Fi on laptop not working

@firtree

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about WiFi problems with your laptop and wanted to help -- but need more information.

First of all, we need the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Second, I see you're running Win10. Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation