Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello there! This is a message to HP, please fix the download webpages for this model of laptop (HP probook 430 G2)! I have been struggling for the last day with trying to download the correct wifi adapter driver for this laptop which I just bought today. 

The laptop is running on windows 7 ultimate, 64bit. I tried contacting support via chat but my model cannot be selected. Any help is greatly appreciated....

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yep, this has been happening quite often lately and the person in charge of keeping that support site up better get with the program.

You can almost set your watch on the days you can expect it to go down and for how long.

This time it has been down quite a while, so they have outdid themselves with this foul-up.  :generic:

Maybe there was some scheduled maintenance this weekend.  Here's to hoping for a long term fix!

In any event, here is the driver you need...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-137990-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I think that card also has a bluetooth radio, so here is the driver for that too...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-139353-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The website has been down all day and part of the day yesterday.

I can probably find the wireless card driver you need from the consumer PC support site but I will need some information from you...

I don't know what model wireless card your model uses, so please do the following steps so I can figure that out and post the links to the wireless and Bluetooth drivers you need:

Go to the device manager, find the Other Devices category, and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that and select the second item on the list (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for a response! 

Here are the IDs that I found under Details - Hardware Ids 

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_2231103C&REV_00

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_2231103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_0280

I guess I just have bad luck buying this laptop on the same day the driver download page is not working 😃

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yep, this has been happening quite often lately and the person in charge of keeping that support site up better get with the program.

You can almost set your watch on the days you can expect it to go down and for how long.

This time it has been down quite a while, so they have outdid themselves with this foul-up.  :generic:

Maybe there was some scheduled maintenance this weekend.  Here's to hoping for a long term fix!

In any event, here is the driver you need...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-137990-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I think that card also has a bluetooth radio, so here is the driver for that too...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-139353-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

HP Recommended

Everything seems to be working smoothly, thanks again for the time.

I believe HP definitely needs to  install the essential drivers on these laptops before they are shipped out. I dont know if my friends were lying to me or not, but their lenovos/asuses, all came with the drivers pre-installed. Atleast the most important ones. 

I mean, so far this s my second HP laptop, and in terms of build quailty and hardware specs, they are amazing.

But they are quite frusterating in the beginning, especially if you dont have a second PC nearby with internet conenction to download all the necessary drivers.

Thanks again for your assistance. You rock!

Captari

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

While I don't work for HP, I can tell you that it depends on what specific product number you buy.

For example any of the HP business desktops and notebooks I have bought, all came with everything installed and all I needed to do was turn it on.

Some builds come with no operating systems or drivers, and some come with downgrade rights to a different operating system (ie W8 Pro to W7 Pro) and sometimes you have to do the work either to downgrade or upgrade the OS.

So, some 430 G2's come with W7 installed, W8.1 installed, FreeDos, and different hardware configurations based on the product number.

HP Recommended

Hi guys just installed Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-Ac 3160 Drivers version 18.20.0.9

Then Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/gn Wi-Fi Adapter

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.