Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how your wifi card upgrade went.

HP Recommended

I most definitely will Paul.

Thanks in advance
Balwill
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I'm just reaching out to you because you were such a great help for me before. 

Not sure that I'm suppose to do this, but you can let me know. BTW, I should be receiving the new WLAN Card today for replacement to add WiFi. I found it brand new for $7.99, with USPS Priority Mail, only ran me a total of $16.51. 

I have an HP 15-r018dx Laptop. 

My question is whether or not I have the capability of adding a L27309-001 Hp 16gb 2280 Pcie 3x2 Nvme 3d Xp Ssd Drive 15- CS0072WM which shows compatible for my particular model and that way I can have the HDD for better speed and performance or should I just replace the HDD with a 500GB SSD and call it a day. I'm currently only using 14% of the 750GB HDD anyhow. 

Thanks in advance for the response. 

balwill

Thanks in advance
Balwill
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your 15-r018dx does not have a M.2 slot to support a M.2 SSD.

The only way to install a SSD in your15-r018dx  would be to replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD

HP Recommended

Ok. 

Thanks Paul. 

I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure. 

Would you recommendation be to upgrade the HDD to a SSD for better speed and performance. 

Especially since I have just recently upgraded the memory to the max of 16B.

Thanks in advance
Balwill
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Upgrading the mechanical hard drive to a 2.5" SSD will be the best money you ever spent on an upgrade.

If you can live with 500 GB of drive space, I recommend this model...best performance for the price...

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-NAND-500GB-Internal/dp/B072R78B6Q/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=...

HP Recommended

Paul,

Thank you so much.

You have been a wealth of knowledge.

Sorry to come directly to you instead of the community, but when I find someone that is knowledgeable, I like to stay with the best. 

I new WLAN/Bluetooth combo is suppose to arrive today. I going to go ahead and purchase the SSD and and do the installation at once. 

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thanks in advance
Balwill
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Always glad to be of assistance.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul.

I actually went with the Samsung EVO 860, especially with the 5 year Manufacturer's Warranty. 

I'll let you know what happens after I complete all the upgrades to the PC. 

Regards,

Balwill

Thanks in advance
Balwill
HP Recommended

That one is a very popular drive as well.

The Sandisk drive also has a 5 year warranty.

About this item

• Accelerate your PC for faster boot-up and blazing-fast gaming and graphics
  • Ultra-fast: sequential read speeds of up to 560MB/s; sequential write speeds of up to 530MB/s (Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application. 1 megabyte (MB) = 1,000,000 bytes.)
  • 3D NAND provides greater endurance so your drive lasts longer and uses less power
  • NCache 2.0 technology delivers blazing-fast speeds
  • Limited 5-year manufacturer warranty or 200TBW, whichever is sooner [US 500GB] (See official SanDisk website for more details regarding warranty in your region.)
  • Order with your Alexa enabled device. Just ask "Alexa, order SanDisk Internal SSD."
  • System Ram Type: ddr3l_1600_sdram
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.