Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-13-2020 11:12 AM
I'm just reaching out to you because you were such a great help for me before.
Not sure that I'm suppose to do this, but you can let me know. BTW, I should be receiving the new WLAN Card today for replacement to add WiFi. I found it brand new for $7.99, with USPS Priority Mail, only ran me a total of $16.51.
I have an HP 15-r018dx Laptop.
My question is whether or not I have the capability of adding a L27309-001 Hp 16gb 2280 Pcie 3x2 Nvme 3d Xp Ssd Drive 15- CS0072WM which shows compatible for my particular model and that way I can have the HDD for better speed and performance or should I just replace the HDD with a 500GB SSD and call it a day. I'm currently only using 14% of the 750GB HDD anyhow.
Thanks in advance for the response.
07-13-2020 12:14 PM
I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure.
Would you recommendation be to upgrade the HDD to a SSD for better speed and performance.
Especially since I have just recently upgraded the memory to the max of 16B.
07-13-2020 12:53 PM
You're very welcome.
Upgrading the mechanical hard drive to a 2.5" SSD will be the best money you ever spent on an upgrade.
If you can live with 500 GB of drive space, I recommend this model...best performance for the price...
07-13-2020 01:13 PM
Thank you so much.
You have been a wealth of knowledge.
Sorry to come directly to you instead of the community, but when I find someone that is knowledgeable, I like to stay with the best.
I new WLAN/Bluetooth combo is suppose to arrive today. I going to go ahead and purchase the SSD and and do the installation at once.
Thanks again for your assistance.
07-13-2020 03:24 PM - edited 07-13-2020 03:25 PM
Thanks again Paul.
I actually went with the Samsung EVO 860, especially with the 5 year Manufacturer's Warranty.
I'll let you know what happens after I complete all the upgrades to the PC.
07-13-2020 03:28 PM
That one is a very popular drive as well.
The Sandisk drive also has a 5 year warranty.
About this item
- Accelerate your PC for faster boot-up and blazing-fast gaming and graphics
- Ultra-fast: sequential read speeds of up to 560MB/s; sequential write speeds of up to 530MB/s (Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application. 1 megabyte (MB) = 1,000,000 bytes.)
- 3D NAND provides greater endurance so your drive lasts longer and uses less power
- NCache 2.0 technology delivers blazing-fast speeds
- Limited 5-year manufacturer warranty or 200TBW, whichever is sooner [US 500GB] (See official SanDisk website for more details regarding warranty in your region.)
- Order with your Alexa enabled device. Just ask "Alexa, order SanDisk Internal SSD."
- System Ram Type: ddr3l_1600_sdram