BJConnolly
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Wi-fi connection issues with HP ENVY laptop

HP Recommended
hp envy 3165 ngw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I bought this laptop I have had issues with wi-fi dropping when my other products that use the wi-fi have no issues and I just want to get it fixed, sometimes it drops and I try all the troubleshooting issues and it doesn't want to connect for days sometimes weeks and then all of a sudden it connects and its fine for minutes, hours, days and sometimes a week and then it starts disconnecting again.

One thing I have found is the charger being unplugged automatically drops the wi-fi as if it is using the charger as an antenna, similarly if I start up the laptop and it is not plugged in to the charger it will not connect whatever I try, but if I start it up with the charger and its not having connection problems around the time it connects straight away (usually).

The laptop aside from connection issues is completely fine and when it works its great. I'm getting to the point where I feel like replacing it but if this is a fixable issue then I'd love to get it sorted,

Thanks for any help.

Ben

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation