Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jammygirl
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wi fi keeps disconnecting on new Hp Pavilion 17-e042

I too went through a lot trying to stop our new HP Notebook from disconnecting - in our house where other devices work perfectly.  After lots of suggestions from the retailer, then HP, none of which helped, I think I found the solution myself.  There is a setting on your laptop where you can indicate the 'windows preference for wifi connection' (or something like that).  You can add in the name of your router/modem and then 'windows looks for this automatically upon connection'.  Ever since I added in our router details there have been no more drop-outs.  It's under network & sharing centre there somewhere .... hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Ostapfamily
2 2 0 1
Message 12 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem... I have spent at least 25 hours on this cra#... 4 phone calls to HP... Reverted back to 8.1. And it worked at first... then the.problems again!!!! Arghh... wth. I am now installing 173 updates to windows... more hours... I should have burned it!!! Less than one year old
0 Kudos
windsing
3 3 0 0
Message 13 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please help. same problem, no warranty   any fixes with win 10?

0 Kudos
windsing
3 3 0 0
Message 14 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you be more specific for windows 10?

0 Kudos
SriPravan
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. Right-Click start menu and select Device Manager
  2. Expand Network Adapters
  3. Right click properties
  4. Click Power Management
  5. Uncheck the box entitled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Hope It Helps! 

0 Kudos
CapeCodBubs
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here it is June 2016 and I still have the same problem with this card on my HP Laptop. I have tried everything listed previously in this forum. They came out with a new driver (3/28/16 - 2023.30.301.2016) for the Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter card and STILL has the same problem of constantly disconnecting with the only solution I've found is to constantly disable/enable controller and at times it can be every 10 minutes...

Why can't HP fix or offer a replacement???

Frustrated on the Cape!

Dan

0 Kudos
Coffeeluvr75
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here, I keep having to shut down and restart then reset the wireless adapter. I changed the setting as indicated and have had this issue ever since I got  this thing.

~ Frustrated just off Cape

0 Kudos
bru20
Level 2
39 24 0 0
Message 18 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same wifi adapter on my HP laptop, f337wm and have experienced the disconnect issue since day one.  

Problem is HP doesn't even provide the most current driver when I use their support site. The most recent driver they have is from October 2015.   How ridiculous is that?  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-f300-notebook-pc-series-touch/8961458/model/87...

And frankly based on what I've read I doubt it would help anyway.  After a lot of experimenting I use 2023.16.715.2015 which seems to be the least troublesome out of the three HP shows for my laptop.

So frustrating that a once good company like HP continues to have these issues.  And I am an HPQ shareholder, lol.

0 Kudos
windsing
3 3 0 0
Message 19 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I gave up and bought a usb wireless aapter. very dissappointing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
marobinson
1 1 0 0
Message 20 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not a computer person at all... But I read through all of this and tried many things. I had this happen on an HP Notebook before that I was renting and now this one that I purchased. I took note of the "wifi order preference" idea and decided to click on each WiFi signal and noticed each one was automatically checked as "Connect Automatically". I unchecked all of them that appeared. I wonder if that could be the issue. That it was just trying to connect to everything that looked like a better signal. We'll see what happens. The connection hasn't dropped so far. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation