Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17T ce100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 2 month old Envy 17T ce100 CTO all of a sudden can't connect to my wifi.  Internet connection by ethernet works fine. I did the troubleshooting and it says the Wireless Adapter has driver or hardware problems.  Since the bluetooth works fine, I'm guessing it's the driver. Last time wifi connection worked was about a week ago.

I also tried uninstalling the device driver and restating.  Didn't work;

I went to HP Support app and it said some updates were available including a BIOS update.  I thought that might fix it.  It seemed to fix it, but it only worked for a few minutes.

Can somone help me please? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB.bat (not a .TXT) and double click to run.
Preferably run as an Administrator.
OR
Copy and use the individual command lines as needed.

Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

@Echo OFF
msinfo32
PAUSE

getmac
netsh lan show interfaces
netsh wlan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers

PAUSE
systeminfo
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed"
PowerShell -Command "Test-NetConnection"
PAUSE

The above may seem over the top, but if you can post the gist of the multiple screen outputs, then I hope I can help.

Was this included in the updates?

HP Wireless Button Driver

2.1.10.1 Rev.A 0.6 MB Jun 27, 2019 Download

And these seem to be the only Wi-Fi drivers to suit...

Intel Bluetooth Driver
21.20.0.4 Rev.A 38.5 MB Jul 8, 2019 Download
Intel WLAN Driver
21.40.2.2 Rev.P 19.7 MB Sep 16, 2019 Download

If in doubt please ask.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.