Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Model 14-al131ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone! 

I have the hp PAVILION model 14-al131ng. 

Im looking to upgrade the WiFi card to a newer model to gain 5 GHz compatibility and faster speeds, at the moment the Realtek RTL8723BE is in use. 

Im under the expression that im not restricted by a whitelist embedded in the Bios, but still I really don’t know which card i should get and if there is anything else to take into consideration. 

I’m very grateful for your help! 

Sincerely yours! 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I do not believe there is a whitelist, but you are restricted by the one antenna cable your notebook has, to only being able to directly upgrade to this card...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

This card works with only one antenna.

The only place I have been able to find this model is on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The Realtek 8821CE wifi card will have a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply!

Im rather confused, there are two antenna cables attached to the WiFi card in my laptop. 

And the pictures of the „Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter„ you recommend I don’t see where i could attach a second cable. 

Thank you again! 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is very strange (but nice) that your notebook has two antenna cables connected to the RTL8723 wifi card.

If that's the case, you should be able to upgrade to this card, since your model has an Intel 7th gen core processor, I believe.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac 2 × 2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter   HP part #  793840-005.

You should be able to find the card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

I’ve found the card you recommended and ordered it of eBay! 

Thank you for help! 

Should I leave this thread open, until it have it installed, in case it shouldn’t work?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how the wifi card upgrade went.

I'm pretty sure it should work just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.