Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15ac083TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Unable to connect using the wireless adapter. The system is not detecting Wireless adapter.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @SJ27

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to connect to any wireless network as there is not wireless adapter listed in Device manager, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you able to access the internet using ethernet?

Recommend you do a right-click on the network icon and select network troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, install the wireless driver from this link

For other troubleshooting steps, please try this interactive guided troubleshooter

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It worked but still, the problem persists. Broadcom network adapter is not found in Network connections.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Would it be possible for you to share the screenshot of the device manager with the wireless adapters listed in device manager? 

The driver shared with you is a generic driver which might not list the name of the manufacturer but will work fine. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

wifi adapter.jpg

Now I have deleted all the pre-installed network adapters and installed a fresh version. The problem now facing is the range of wifi adapter. When I bought this laptop back in 2015 the same problem was there. Then the problem was resolved. Kindly help me

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and sharing the screenshot of device manager. 

Install the HP Wireless button driver from this link

Then renew network settings by following the procedure mentioned below. 

1. Click the Windows button.
  2. Type CMD in the search field and select Command Prompt Admin.
  3. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter, then press ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

If the issue persists, reseat the wireless card on your computer and check. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Power output possibly?

Network PolyGlot.png

HP Recommended

network.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.