Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. I have been having this problem recently with my HP Pavilion where it says I am connected to the internet but says I have no internet access (of course the the internet does not work and sometimes the network selection where the network name shows up sometimes will briefly crash and the names disappear). I have tried repairing the problem through a network reset as an administrator three times now (trying it a fourth time) which involves resetting the WiFi and restarting the computer and it does fix the problem but after about two logins once I turn it on from hibernation, it does the same thing again where it stops working and the router is right next to me. Turning it off and leaving it off for a few minutes and turning it back on doesn’t fix the problem either (with this solution, it doesn’t work at all).

Can this be fixed permanently or am I going to have to get a new laptop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CountStafford 

This Windows 10 forums thread has some useful info:  (9) WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop - Windows 10 Forums (tenforums.com)

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.