Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WiFi adapter disabled

HP Pavilion 15p199na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About six months ago, I spilled a drink on my HP pavilion laptop. I immediately switched it off and entombed it in rice, when I restarted it about a day later (I would have left it longer, but I needed it for my thesis), all seemed to be well, but if I were to pick it up and walk with it, it would lose the WiFi connection, and it would say that no connections were available, when I ran the troubleshooter it said that the WiFi adapter was disabled, I ran the repair tasks and it would get a connection. If I moved the laptop again, it would lose the connection again. Sometimes the troubleshooter would find nothing wrong even if the laptop could not find WiFi networks, when this happened, the only solution would be to remove the battery, and leave the laptop alone for a few minutes, restart and try again. Is this the result of water damage? Do I need to replace a part, and if so what part? If this is not a hardware issue, how can I fix this?

Thanks in Advance

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Dean Dean
Dean
6,999 6,932 719 2,762
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WiFi adapter disabled

please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Under Network, find out the wireless device
3. Select the device, right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver which might resolve the issue.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
Top Student Zorro-SMH Top Student
Top Student
9 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WiFi adapter disabled

can you check whether your Wi-FI is enabled or disabled setps below

1)open network and sharing 

2) click change adapter settings 

3) right click on the wirelsess adapter 

4) first option is enable or disable please check what is the current senting if its show DIsable it means currently your adapter is enable, you can still disable its and enable back it should work 

or

you can check whether you have soft switch for wireless i guess you have one the try to clean that or toggle on/off  

“I am an HP employee”.
Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation