Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 10 (247 Views)

WiFi drops internet connection

Product Name: HP Pavilion Notebook M6K56AV
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every day or so, my wifi connection will no longer have internet access.  I have 2 HP Pavilion's and 1 Lenovo.  This is the only one that has this issue.  I've had the hard drive replaced and everything reinstalled for other reasons, but the issue with internet connectivity is still there.  If I hover over the WiFi icon in the lower right coner, it tells me right now the NETGEAR router I'm connected to and says Internet access below it.  When I've dropped internet access, the icon will have a yellow mark on it and hovering shows my NETGEAR router but it says no internet access. All I have to do is disconnect from my router and reconnect and I'll have internet access again, but that gets irritating.

Could this be a hardware issue on my laptop and how do I determine that?  I'm still under warranty for another 2 months.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 10 (227 Views)

Re: WiFi drops internet connection

You Can read the entry ghost WiFi I have dpne an optimization with Avast optimizer but I can't be sure if was the solution.
Intern
Message 3 of 10 (215 Views)

Avast cleanup32€ 2 years
Intern
Message 4 of 10 (206 Views)

I'd like to add that macafee antivirus coming with hp computer is very heavy for the performances, I prefer free avast antivirus, I didn't upgrade to avast antivirus with fees but I bought the cleaner service.

I am neutral its my experience uwee. hi hi

Intern
Message 5 of 10 (203 Views)

there is a 75% discount for avast with a fee but I think that this option may be heavy for the computer.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 10 (199 Views)

I do not use McAfee or Avast.  I use Eset on all my computers.  I immediately remove McAfee when I get a new computer.

Intern
Message 7 of 10 (182 Views)

I have seen that eset has three free cleaners, you can try

Honor Student
Message 8 of 10 (171 Views)

Are you thinking it is some type of malware and I need to clean it?  I doubt that is the problem.  I had to send my laptop back to HP this summer and they replaced my harddrive.  They were not able to save anything, so I had to start over and install everything again.  I had this problem before I really got very far in setting things up again.  I was already suspicious because our other HP Pavilion laptop purchased at the same time, has not had this problem.  We are connected to the same router.  Both on Win 10 64-bit.  

I can't make it happen, but is there anything I can check when it does happen to help troubleshoot what caused the drop?  Disconnecting and reconnecting fixes it, but I'd like to figure out why I all of a sudden have no internet and have to do the disconnect and reconnect.

Intern
Message 9 of 10 (155 Views)

I had a very similar problem.
Intern
Message 10 of 10 (142 Views)

replacing hd means minimize risks of fault in assistance on the other side user needs to reinsall all apps and data....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation