Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-ae107nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have been having problems with the wifi card for a long time, but tonight I decided to have enough and try to solve the problem. The wifi signal is randomly dropped by my laptop for a few seconds, automatically reconnecting after a few seconds.

I'm on an HP Envy 15-ae107nl with Windows 10 up to dated.

I tried to uninstall my wifi card, download the drivers from HP site & install manually the drivers: it solve the problem for almost a day, but now I've the same problem.

I tried also to run the Windows network troubleshooter, but it return an error and won't provide any solution.

Anything else to try solve the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

HP Recommended

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

HP Recommended

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update the Intel 7265 wifi driver to the latest version listed on the Intel site.

Version: 21.70.0 (Latest) Date: 2/18/2020

This will install version 19.51.27.1 for the 7265.  First one at the top left side of the page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29362/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.