Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (155 Views)

WiFi speed is terrible

I just bought HP 250 G4 N0y44es notebook and I have major problems with it. First I barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R5 M330 (i have to use outdated drivers now), and now i have problem with wifi drivers. I am using windows 7 ultimate x64.

I installed newest drivers first (Broadcom 802.11b/g/n WLAN Driver for Windows 7 (American, International) ). Download speed in my Utorrent client was 30-40 kb/s.  It ocassionaly jumped on 700-800 kb/s (where I want it to be all the time) but it only lasted for minute or two. Usually, on my PC is aprox 900 kb/s. After that, I installed older version of that driver (6.223.215.3 Rev.B
25 May 2015), and the same thing happens. And my signal of WiFi is always full, because I sit 2 meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter. Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (144 Views)

Re: WiFi speed is terrible

Hi,

Please run a speed test to see what do you get

http://www.speedtest.net/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (137 Views)

Ping: 32

Down speed: 0.55

Up speed: 0.12

If i did that test on that minute when connection is good, it would give better results. but 99% of time it's like this. 

Top Student
Message 4 of 7 (136 Views)

I riepeat. I have exellent speed and connection on  my PC and on my mobile phone. It must be problem with drivers

Provost
Message 5 of 7 (130 Views)

Hi,

That is previous version of driver dated 25 May 2015. Have you tried version on 17 Sep 2015.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 6 of 7 (128 Views)

Yes. As I said in original post, i first installed new version of drivers, when they didnt work properly, i found on this forum solution of some guy that said that i should install older driver version. So I did it, and same problem occured. I will try to re-install newest drivers, but i sincirely doubt that it will work.

Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (103 Views)

Do you have ANY solutions that you could offer me? I'm gettin' desperate over here. It's unbearable.  Download speed has gone up to 700 kb/s for 1 minute and now it is again at 20 kb/s, while all of my other devices in the house works perfectly. I even have full signal bar. In the meantime, i re-installed newest drivers, and problem is still here.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation