ChromeLuka Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

WiFi speed is terrible

I just bought HP 250 G4 N0y44es notebook and I have major problems with it. First I barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R5 M330 (i have to use outdated drivers now), and now i have problem with wifi drivers. I am using windows 7 ultimate x64.

I installed newest drivers first (Broadcom 802.11b/g/n WLAN Driver for Windows 7 (American, International) ). Download speed in my Utorrent client was 30-40 kb/s.  It ocassionaly jumped on 700-800 kb/s (where I want it to be all the time) but it only lasted for minute or two. Usually, on my PC is aprox 900 kb/s. After that, I installed older version of that driver (6.223.215.3 Rev.B
25 May 2015), and the same thing happens. And my signal of WiFi is always full, because I sit 2 meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter. Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere. 

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
70645 8498 18267
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post

WiFi speed is terrible

Hi,

Please run a speed test to see what do you get

http://www.speedtest.net/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
ChromeLuka Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post

WiFi speed is terrible

Ping: 32

Down speed: 0.55

Up speed: 0.12

If i did that test on that minute when connection is good, it would give better results. but 99% of time it's like this. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ChromeLuka Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post

WiFi speed is terrible

I riepeat. I have exellent speed and connection on  my PC and on my mobile phone. It must be problem with drivers

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
70645 8498 18267
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post

WiFi speed is terrible

Hi,

That is previous version of driver dated 25 May 2015. Have you tried version on 17 Sep 2015.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
ChromeLuka Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post

WiFi speed is terrible

Yes. As I said in original post, i first installed new version of drivers, when they didnt work properly, i found on this forum solution of some guy that said that i should install older driver version. So I did it, and same problem occured. I will try to re-install newest drivers, but i sincirely doubt that it will work.

0 Kudos
ChromeLuka Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post

WiFi speed is terrible

Do you have ANY solutions that you could offer me? I'm gettin' desperate over here. It's unbearable.  Download speed has gone up to 700 kb/s for 1 minute and now it is again at 20 kb/s, while all of my other devices in the house works perfectly. I even have full signal bar. In the meantime, i re-installed newest drivers, and problem is still here.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation