Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3071tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi can i change my Wifi card to AX200?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know if that antenna will work.

The correct part you need is this one, and I have no idea where you can get it.

Wireless Dual Antenna kit (includes left and right wireless antenna cables, display bezel adhesive, and
display back cover adhesive):   L24790-001

You would only need to install the one that is missing.

I wouldn't be able to help you any further with such a project.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that would not be possible since your notebook only has one wifi antenna wire attached to the Intel 9461 wifi card in there now, and the AX200 will need two.

HP Recommended

so no other way to do it?

HP Recommended

If you want to buy the antenna kit listed in the service manual and completely disassemble the entire notebook including the display panel area, then it could be possible.

If you decide to go through all of that trouble, make sure you buy an AX200 card that is the non-vPro version.

It appears they only sell the kit for a single antenna, so I don't know if the channel is there on the other side of the display to insert the wire and  antenna transceiver.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06248419

HP Recommended

can i just install 2nd antenna? or need to change old antenna to new one?

HP Recommended

You just need to install a second antenna.

You can use the existing antenna, and make sure the original antenna goes to the card's 'main' terminal connector.

The second antenna provides auxiliary signal reception and works the Bluetooth.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know if that antenna will work.

The correct part you need is this one, and I have no idea where you can get it.

Wireless Dual Antenna kit (includes left and right wireless antenna cables, display bezel adhesive, and
display back cover adhesive):   L24790-001

You would only need to install the one that is missing.

I wouldn't be able to help you any further with such a project.

HP Recommended

should i use AX200 or AX201 since my wifi card slot only for 1 hole card? and my current card is AC9461

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.