Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 17t-j100 with a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 BGN wifi adaptor.  There are two connections to the current card (Black on #1 and White on #2) Does this indicate dual antenna connections on the card?    Can this card be upgraded to an Intel AC7620 Dual-Band wifi card? Can't find any info anywhere regarding this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can upgrade to this model card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find the card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

You won't find any info on upgrading to that model card because it is not listed in the service manual as a supported wifi card, but it is.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can upgrade to this model card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find the card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

You won't find any info on upgrading to that model card because it is not listed in the service manual as a supported wifi card, but it is.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer.  I assume that I will need to remove all the Realtek drivers/Blue tooth from device manager first, then remove the card.  I will have downloaded the drivers for the ac7260 card before hand and then install them when the card boots up.  It should be good then to proceed.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Definitely do that first before installing the 7260 AC.

W10 will install the drivers automatically, and then you can update them directly from the Intel site to the latest versions out there.

I think Intel quit updating the drivers for that card last year.

HP Recommended

I ordered the card today.  It will be here next week.  I'll download the drivers into my download file and hopefully W10 will find it there.  Then I'll go to intel site to get any updates.  I let you know how it goes.  Many thanks for all your help!!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Looking forward to reading about the results of your PC's wifi card upgrade.

HP Recommended

Received the AC 7260.  Swapped out the wifi card and W10 installed it immediately.  Installed the update for the driver and so far so good.  Getting download speeds of close to 400 mbs.  Driver date: 4/29/19.  Driver version: 18.33.17.1,  Thanks for all your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance, and thanks for letting us know how your wifi card upgrade project went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.