Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pailion G6 2380SA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, My wifi has recently stopped working and the orange light stays on even with the screen coming up "Flight mode off". I removed the WIFI card, cleaned and put iback and had short-lived success as it worked - albeit for an hour or so. It hasn't worked since.

I have 2 questions:

-IF I replace with another wifi card, do I "have to" buy another with the SAME SPS numbers (691415-001) or are other card compatible?

-IF I buy a USB WIFI Adapter, which one  is compatible with my G6, or are they all compatible, and which one should I look at?

*I "may have" a fluid ingress issue, as I wiped down my keyboard a few weeks ago with a damp cloth - seriously, it was'nt "that" wet, though!  So, "if" my PC is on the way out I think it better to go USB wifi, as I can re-use the card elsewhere.

Thanks in advance. Stewie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Stewie:

I believe you can install any model wifi card you want in there, but I would be concerned that the liquid may have shorted out the slot.

No guarantee the wifi card was the only casualty.

If you want to experiment with a cheap replacement yet still an upgrade, see if this card works. 

They are pretty cheap on eBay in used but tested and working condition...

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter HP part # 730668-001.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=730668-001&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Below is the link to the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593041

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thanks for reply!

I see, on pg. 24 Item (20), there are 4 WLAN modules listed. I assumed these would be the only ones compatible?

I will look into the one you suggested. Thanks for that info!

Do you know if I can also use a USB wifi adapter?  I am leaning towards that as it can be used in future, should my laptop die, as previously mentioned. Can you recommend what I could use, please? I'm unsure if all usb adapters are universally compatible, or if my laptop model requires a specific USB adapter.

Regards, Stewie.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes those are the only supported models that HP has listed as compatible.

But if the wifi slot is good, I am 90% sure the one I posted will work.

You may as well upgrade.

Yes, you can always opt for an USB wifi adapter.

They make some nano-size ones that hardly stick out of the USB port.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.