adgrey111 Tutor
Tutor
11 0 0
Message 11 of 22
Flag Post

Wifi Adapter (RTL8723BE) not working after update to Win 10

Sorry you may have been refering to the original poster. All I know is... RealTek needs to fix both of these drivers. 

0 Kudos
Nikkin Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 12 of 22
Flag Post

Hey Paul,

I tried installing the other driver. Doesn't seem to work. Yeah, let me take up the issue with the HP Service centre people. 

Anyways, many thanks for your efforts and help. And to adgrey111 too. Will post the solution if I find any.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
97170 13174 20421
Message 13 of 22
Flag Post

You're very welcome.

Good luck.

I hope someone can figure that mess out!

0 Kudos
OMyStarz Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 14 of 22
Flag Post

I am not using a HP currently, but ran across your post and wanted to let you know that Connectify has a message on their website currently about this issue.

I have the exact same Realtek rtl8188ee and have been having the same problem with Connectify / AP mode since I upgraded from 8.1 to Windows 10. 

Here is the message on the Connectify website:

"Some Wi-Fi adapters, most notably the Intel 7265 and Realtek RTL8723BE and RTL8188EE, have had their AP mode ability removed by their manufacturers and will not work in Connectify on Windows 10."

You can find the page here:

http://support.connectify.me/article/34-does-connectify-work-with-windows-10

I cannot find any support for this adapter on the Realtek website either, I cannot imagine why there are absolutely no references to it there at all.

I have tried to roll back the driver to 8.1 also, and got the very same error you had.  For the record, I'm using a Toshiba.

Anyway, hope this was helpful to you.

0 Kudos
Nikkin Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 15 of 22
Flag Post

It did help me in pacifying me to an extent. Now, i know that the problem is actually with the manufacturer and that I didn't mess up with my system duirng the upgrade. Let's see what happens in the near future. But, thanks again man :)

0 Kudos
Funky_M Tutor
Tutor
5 1 0
Message 16 of 22
Flag Post

I have the same problem and it is pretty poor that Relatek haven't yet come up with a fix for this. Having looked at some of the other forums it seems to be a widepsread issue. Not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
gjsa73 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 17 of 22
Flag Post

Ok, I have had the same problem on an HP20 all-in-one desktop running Windows 10 with a Realtek RTL8188CE WIFI adapter. I tried a few driver versions for Win10 but none would support a Hosted network.

Then I downloaded this driver (from the Lenovo website), and installed it.
http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/downloads/ds033501

The driver was not installed correctly, but the drivers were unpacked onto the C: drive. So I updated the driver manually by choosing the 'Have disk' option. Windows10 warned me that the driver was not signed, but did still install the driver IF I chose the specific version for Windows8x64 (not Windows 7 or the generic Windows x64 driver).

The correct driver to install should be in this folder after running the exe file from the download link above:
C:\Drivers\Realtek 8188EE Wifi\RTWLANE_Driver\Win8X64

The driver version installed is 2007.2.720.2012
Dated 07/20/2012

WIFI works, and Hosted network is now supported :)
The only feature I've lost is that a wireless display is no longer supported (who cares?!)
Nikkin Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 18 of 22
Flag Post

Thanks! :)

0 Kudos
SahilRajput Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 19 of 22
Flag Post

[ SOLVEDD ]_ seriously_this_time__

hey Dude!!

I have faced the VERY SAME PROBLEM of not able to create the hotspot in windows 10 from the day i bougt my laptop.

I have the model -

HP Notebook

15-ac179TX

and with the same wifi driver mentioned i.e., RL8723be

I have searched the whole internet, digged out each and every blog and threads regarding the hotspot problem but still no solution found. 

The command in the cmd shows >>> NO HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT :(

But finally the day has come now, when i got the solution by ^^^^^ really feelin high!!

so it is here >>

first of all download the driver from lenovo site...>>    http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds038494

name of the software/driver is  [[  Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Edge E440, Edge E540  ]]

1. UNINSTALL EACH AND EVERY DRIVER RELATED TO THE WIFI. (((( from Progran and Features and (if any) and from the Device Manager.

2. INSTALL THE DRIVERS YOU DOWNLOADED FROM THE LENOVO SITE.

thats allllllll.....

Now, by typing the command the [netsh wlan show drivers], you would see that HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT: Yes

enjoYYYY!!!!

now u can create hotspot easilyyyy!!

0 Kudos
Philipkkw Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 20 of 22
Flag Post

Has anyone also tried this yet? I'm using a HP Pavilion Notebook (manually upgraded to Windows 10, 64-bit) and  using the RTL8723BE 802.11bgn wifi-adaptor. Thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation