cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Utkarsh_Gupta
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wifi Card Upgrade for HP Omen 15t-ax000 CTO (ENERGY STAR)

HP Recommended
OMEN 15t-ax000 CTO (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have a relatively old HP Omen 15t-ax000 CTO (ENERGY STAR) which I purchased in 2016. I was hoping to upgrade the Wi-Fi card on the unit to a newer version. Currently, it has an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265NGW wireless card which supports 802.11ac, Dual Band, 2×2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0. I wanted to upgrade it to a newer variant that could have better signal retention, thus having a better signal strength upon installation. 

I am not very familiar with this domain of Wi-Fi chipsets and thus am not sure which one should be purchased based on factors like - Compatibility with my PC, better speed upon installation, better signal strength, etc. I think the module is replaceable in this HP Omen Laptop but I may be wrong and thus I would appreciate any help in this regard. 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,295 93,928 20,960 28,305
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Upgrading wifi cards is an experiment because HP does not release any info regarding which notebooks have BIOS whitelists and which don't.

Most notebooks such as yours that were made in 2014 or later do not have BIOS whitelists but a handful of them do.

So we can only rely on feedback from other forum members who have tried to successfully or unsuccessfully upgrade their notebook's wifi cards.

We get very little feedback.

I don't have any info on wifi card upgrade results for your notebook's model series.

You can physically remove and replace the wifi card in your notebook.

If you want to experiment, then I suggest this wifi card for you...you must get the non-vPro version of any Intel wifi card you install.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

You should be able to find this wifi card on eBay.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

OMEN by HP Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP author...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation