Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 15-cr0009nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem for about an year or so and I've finally convinced myself to ask this question directly to hp forums.
Wifi card (RTL8821CE) seems to be faulty in some weird way:
- In windows, the wifi card driver fails to run on a clean startup, it only works after a restart with Fast Startup activated

- In any linux distribution, the wifi card simply does not want to work, it just spits errors in dmesg about not being able to get a MAC Address and failing

I've tried multiple drivers both in windows and in ubuntu-based distros but none of them have worked differently, still have those 2 problems

Steps to recreate in windows (since HP suggests i should list them):
- Power on the laptop and boot into windows

- Realtek driver fails

- Reboot back into windows

- Realtek driver works until it's stressed a bit, until the laptop enters sleep mode or until you disconnect from wifi (and it doesn't let you connect to any wifi network (can't connect error from windows) after that till 2 more restarts)

HP Hardware diagnostics from the BIOS always say the card is fully functioning yet it still has this problems when booting an OS
HP Hardware diagnostics from windows either says that it can't find a wifi card or that the card is fully functional
Is there anything i could do to fix this card? Do I need to replace it and if yes, can I replace it with an intel card?
Hope I'll get an answer soon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.