Angeliceyes Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi Connectivity Issues (Limited and no access)

HP Notebook - 15-r120ne
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have read thousands of forums facing the same problem I had but nothing is working out for me. May be I am not getting the right one as I am bad at proper research. please do something I have just one laptop and unable to access Internet as it's connectivity is always limited. Realtek driver RTL 8723BE has issues. I even tried the drivers installed in my sysytem but same happens some worked for days but again this issues arises in other drivers as well. Totally fed up. Please pleased help.... Tried power management cmd thing changed dns address nothing worked much. Thank you Looking forward to HP support assistance.

Regards,

Anam

7 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2785 144 325
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Angeliceyes,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you have limited access to the wifi connection. It cannot access Internet.

Please check the wifi driver in the Device Manager. Make sure it has the right version.

This is the latest version of Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers: sp68381.exe Version 2013.3.0709.2014 A

Some troubleshooting steps you can use on this link:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Appreciate your prompt response.

Just to let you know I have been using and trying previous REALTEK wifi driver versions already installed in my system not the latest one you mentioned above. Now according to your reponse I deleted older versions ( that are not actually deleted from my system) and installed the above driver.

But It seems to be a mistake Connectivity issue remains the same plus blue sad smiley page occurs YOUR PC ran into a problem andit is also because of this driver. As below is written Driver not EQUAL or LESS rtwlan sys. SOmething like this is written.

Please help. I am writting this message twice as internet disconnects,

Thank you

Angelic eyes

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 144 325
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Angeliceyes,

Please back up your personal data, and perform a system recovery:

HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 8)

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for your help.

I performed HP Recovery but the driver has still connectivity issues. It shows limited after every 2 to 3 minutes.

KIndly advise what should i do next

Looking forward to hear from you.

AngelicEyes

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 144 325
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Angeliceyes,

Please test the wifi adapter hardware by running the WLAN Module test in the component tests:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)

The result will show if you need to replace the wifi adapter.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SDJL,

WLAN Module test shows PASSED.

What do you think the possibilities can be of not connecting to wifi.

Ethernet works fine.

Also I upgraded to WIndows 10 just gave it a try if this driver issue get fixed. Now I have Realtek Driver Version 2023.31.315.2016. 

But aftersometime no networks found or it shows network limited.

Please advise,

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 144 325
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Angeliceyes

Please contact HP support.

Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation