Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP is Envy 

After every restart i lost my WIFI connection

The problem is that: My OS is Wİn10 64 bit and I cant find exact driver for win10 in HP software and drivers page

My Envy could not connect automatically after restart,

My solution is: Restart modem....After restarting modem, ENvy connects to WIFI...

Any idea?

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

First perform a BIOS update from HP.COM corresponding to the s/n and p/n of your hp notebook. Afterwards update the wlan driver for your pc from the same hp software and driver downloads page.

HP Recommended

"Afterwards update the wlan driver for your pc from the same hp software and driver downloads page."

I cant find any WLAN driver for Windows 10 64 bit in HP.COM software and driver downloads page? 

There is only drivers for Windows 8

HP Recommended

Hi Tech9Next

By BIOS update do you mean CHIPSET?

Belows are drivers for my HP Envy (for Windows 8.1 64bit) 

I dont know which driver for me? Will i install ALL of THEM?

Same situation for NetWork Drivers...

As i said;  all of them for Win8.1

Thanks & regards

HP Recommended

Hi There, 

Below is the image of how BIOS update download would look like

Tech9Next_0-1611309874727.png

And regarding the wireless driver name - go to device manager (simply right click on start icon and you will find device manager) and there you can check what wireless driver is installed on your pc. Accordingly download that particular brand - whether Mediatek or Qualcomm or Intel.

If you have any issues let us know. I am also available on HP Forum on fb and also on gmail.

Thank You,

Vijay K

HP Recommended

Dear

I dont understand what do you mean by that: "Below is the image of how BIOS update download would look like"

Where is this image? In HP.COM driver download page?

I couldnt see any image like that in this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-touchsmart-4-1200-sleekbook/5330537

And how can i contact you via gmail?

Regards

HP Recommended

Really sorry ! No idea how that image turned out to become like that. However, if there is no BIOS update for your HP notebook then that could mean your pc originally came with OS other than your current one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.