deedub29
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi Network Not Appearing

HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Having trouble finding and connecting to my Wifi provider from my laptop within the available networks list.

All other devices within my household are connected to network, but suddenly it is not available to connect my laptop to this particular network.

Looking for any suggestions and advice that would enable a connection from my device.

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,232
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi Network Not Appearing

Hello deedub29

I'll try to help if I can. Was this Stream tablet connected to that network prior or is the first time you have tried?

If it has been connected before, see if it is listed in Known networks.

From the task bar, go to All Settings> Network and Internet> Wi-Fi> Manage known networks.

If the correct network is listed...

• Unplug the power to the router and modem. If it is a modem/router combo, just unplug it.
  • Then go to the network you found listed, click once on it to highlight and choose Forget.
  • Power off the stream.
  • Plug the power back into the modem first. Once it is fully on, plug the power into the router. Once it is also fully on, turn on the Stream tablet. 
  • See if the network is listed now from the network icon in the task bar.

If it wasn't listed under Manage know networks, we will have to try some different steps.

Let me know what happens so far.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation