cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Wifi / Wireless Network Connection

HP Recommended
Envy dv6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Envy dv6 Windows 8 (64)
Network card: Ralink RT3290
Hi! Good day to all. My laptop suddenly lost its wireless connection. I did everything the troubleshooting guide says, from system recovery, reinstalling the driver, to restoring the bios to default but i still have the issue. I installed a new driver but still the issue remain. Network driver does not appear in the device manager as well. Did system quick test and passed. But processor check: module missing and wireless module check: not installed. I am having thoughts of getting a new network card thinking this might resolve the issue. But before i do i just want to get some professional informations on other things i can try that might resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 426 597
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mathiade, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your HP ENVY dv6-7200 Notebook PC has lost its wireless connection.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

Please follow step 4 and 5 in the link: Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎

If the issue persists, then you need to cal HP Phone Support for a possible network card replacement by clicking the link :

www.hp.com/contacthp

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi @Rainbow23. Thank you for your reply. Already did your advice and still have the same issue. Might just replace the network card. Hopefully that will help.

Regards. 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 426 597
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mathiade, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps in the previous post

This could be a hardware issue with the wireless network card.

Please contact HP Phone Support for the replacement of the wireless network card at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation