01-17-2020 02:56 PM
So my Wi-fi adapter is not working correctly. When I run the windows trouble shooter all it says is "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-fi adapter" Currently it shows me no networks to connect to(when there definitely are multiple ones). It says my driver is up to date and it is currently enabled. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? Thanks
01-20-2020 01:28 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
While you respond to that, let's try uninstalling the network adapter: ( for all HP computer )
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.
- Expand the Network adapters branch.
- Right-click the adapter and select the Uninstall device button.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee