Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adapter

HP Notebook 15-ac122tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I want to get the wifi adapter driver such that i can set up a hotspot in my laptop.
6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adapter

Welcome @pritams521

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums! The Forums are a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help! 

I read your post and I understand that you would like to use your HP Notebook 15-ac122tu network as a hotspot. Generally speaking, this is out of my area of expertise but you had mentioned the wifi adapter driver and I wanted to provide that to you. 

I looked at the HP Notebook 15-ac122tu Product Specifications and seen that the Wireless Connectivity says you have the 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo. I believe that this means you have the Realtek brand wireless card. If that is true here is the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver: sp73310.exe

Please let me know if these steps resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. This will help other's with the same sound issue find a resolution on the HP Support Forums quickly. 

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adapter

Welcome @pritams521

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums! The Forums are a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help! 

I read your post and I understand that you would like to use your HP Notebook 15-ac122tu network as a hotspot. Generally speaking, this is out of my area of expertise but you had mentioned the wifi adapter driver and I wanted to provide that to you. 

I looked at the HP Notebook 15-ac122tu Product Specifications and seen that the Wireless Connectivity says you have the 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo. I believe that this means you have the Realtek brand wireless card. If that is true here is the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver: sp73310.exe

Please let me know if these steps resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. This will help other's with the same sound issue find a resolution on the HP Support Forums quickly. 

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
pritams521 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adapter

Thank you so much...:)

But sadly it did not work out...

Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is not visible in my network adapter list, even in the hidden devices...which i think is the main cause for this problem.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adapter

Could you please send me a screenshot of your Network Adapters section in the Device Manager?

Thanks

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
pritams521 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adapter

Here is the screenshot of my adapters. Network Adapters.png

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi adapter

Hey!

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I wish I had more to offer to you for information, but virtual hotspot software/configuration is not my area of expertise. 

Does your WIFI work properly for you otherwise?

I am not sure if this will apply to you, but here is a document that may help: Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Here is a thread for you to look at from the HP Support Community: hotspot not working (Hosted network supported : No). I cannot guarantee that this will work for you but I thought that it might help. 

There is another thread I found from Microsoft called cant change hosted network to yes that may help also. Again I cannot guarantee that it will work for you but I hope that you find the answers to resolve the issue within these documents. 

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you would like to say "Thanks" for my attempt in resolving the issue for you, please click the Thumbs Up button 🙂

I hope that helps!

Take care. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation