10-19-2017 07:04 AM
Hi My wifi card has stopped working and I brought a new one, Intel wireless-N 7260 but when I tried to use it I get a message """wlan module id (702) wireless module not supported" message during reboot. "the system has detected a wireless module installed in the system is not supported. system halted. please remove device and restart. for more information, please visit www.hp.com\ techcenter\startup. """""
I've checked the bios and it's the only one available F.6A (13.05.2013)
how do I get my laptop to execept the new card.
10-20-2017 03:07 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
Riddle_Decipher is at your service.
As I understand the new wireless card isn't working due to the error message you've mentioned,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Did you know that there are only certain wireless cards you can upgrade to?
(The ones that are tested and approved to work on your device)
Did you check your Upgrade and maintenance guide?
(Click here to access it)
While you respond to that, here's what you need to check:
List of compatible wireless cards does not include the Intel Wireless-N 7260, as mentioned below:
● Intel Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 + Bluetooth (802.11b/g/n)
● Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 (802.11b/g/n) with WiDi
● Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter
● Ralink 5390GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter
● Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo adapter (BT3.0+HS ready)
● Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter
● Broadcom 4313AGN 802.11a/b/g/draft-n WiFi Adapter
● Ralink 5390BC8 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter
● Realtek 8188GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter
● Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter
● Realtek 8188BC8 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter
● Atheros AR9002WB-1NGB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapter
Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
10-21-2017 04:04 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.
unfortunately all the cards you list are limited availability mostly used/secondhand and are also located in china or America.
I'm at a lost as to what I can do now reguarding this defective card replacement.
But thanks again for the information
10-22-2017 03:30 PM
If you are unable to find a wireless card that matches your computer, you can get a simple USB network adapter and use it with your computer. Click here.
Let me know if this helped.
I am an HP Employee